Saturday 19 December 2009

Stephen and the Sexy Partridge

I have to declare an interest here, as my friend Sarah is the stage manager, but this is the funniest, silliest, most christmassy show you'll see. Stephen has pissed off his girlfriend and needs to make it up to her by getting a brilliant Christmas present. The Sexy Partridge is an alien superhero, dispatched to help him on his quest. It's based on the 12 days of Christmas, so on the way they meet French hens, milk maids and Lords (including Vader, Mandelson and Byron) a leaping.

The theatre is tiny and it really feels like it's a group of your mates putting on a show for you in your front room. I have to specially mention the music - which is fabulous and I don't normally notice things like that.

I've seen the show two years running and would happily go and see it every Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment